Are you looking for a fun game to break the ice at an event with your friends and family? Have you ever tried your hands on the two truths lie game at your party? If not, then this is your go-to game in the next party you will throw for your loved ones.
This game will work for people of any age and interests. It will suit for a birthday party as well as a corporate party. The game works best when you have more than 5 people because in bulk, it will be more fun to know about different things. Even at home, you can break the ice with this game when you are with your cousins.
How To Play Two Truths and A Lie
It’s fun, amazing and interesting when you play the game with your friends. There is no special preparation that is needed for this game. Keep a pen and paper for the records.
So the group of people sit or stand in a circle and then each person says three statements about themselves. Among these three statements, two of them are supposed to be true and one has to be a lie. The other members in the group have to guess that which one is a lie among the three.
A good lie is something that everyone should easily believe. Your lie should not be something unrealistic and easy for people to guess as it is obvious too. You should avoid sounding fake while saying your lie as it will be easy for the group members to catch the odd.
Come up with special talents that you have or you can also use statements which you wish were true about you but actually, they aren’t. A dream of yours that you wish was true or a dream that you see becoming true in life. There can be secrets about your hidden personality that no one knows about, you can come up with truth or lie from that.
While you speak the truth about yourself, the truth should sound like you are speaking a lie. These tricks will help you gain score and others will get confused while guessing. Truth should sound like something that one cannot expect you to do.
Tips For Playing Two Truths and A Lie
The game is very exciting and if you follow few of the tips, the game will be more fun.
- Avoid saying the lie statement at the end and with a different tone
- Keep your statements short and simple, especially the lie
- Have neutral facial expressions while speaking the lie and truths. Don’t change them with statements.
- Use simple and believable lies. It should not sound something out of your range and experience
Your truths and lie statements can be very basic. You can talk about your abilities and achievements, your favourite or non-favourite food, your family, your choices or the dream you have now or had as a child. All these ideas will sound real and people may confuse to give the right answer.
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
We have created a list of good ideas to speak about while playing this game. Check them out and have an enthralling game.
- My favourite animals are peacocks.
- I’ve met Tom Cruise.
- I hate spicy food.
- I’ve eaten poisonous puffer fish.
- I can’t stand it when people pay with exact change
- I can play the piano.
- I have always been the topper of my class
- I’m really good at cooking Italian food.
- My favourite place in the world is Switzerland
- I can juggle.
- English is my family’s second language
- My mom has a twin
- I afford my education and expenses
- My father is an army officer
- I am a gym freak
- I am ready to have a baby
- I belong to a beautiful village
- I have been to Australia.
- My cousin is a movie star
- Dogman is my favorite book series.
- I never miss movie of my favourite superstar
- I love classical music.
- When I was younger, my dream was to be a firefighter.
- I have never faced financial issues in life
- I’ve always wanted to try paragliding.
- I have never fallen in love seriously
- One of the places I want to visit most is Thailand.
- I eat healthy food with a good diet only
- I hope to eventually run a marathon.
- I have never got scolded from my parents for not studying
- If I could, I would pay to visit the moon right now.
- My dream is to become a pilot
- I was the first person in my family to go to college
- I can ride a motorcycle.
- I have two real brothers
- I took acting classes in college and have been in a commercial.
- My home is situated in many parts of the world
- I got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT.
- I learned to write when I was four years old
- I’ve completed a professional eating contest.
- My father taught me how to paddle cycle
- I can breakdance.
- I can go to any extent for the sake of my family’s happiness
- I can read and write Latin.
- I am interested in K-Pop Drama
- I don’t have my driver’s license.
- I have articles published in famous magazines
- I am a great-great grandniece/grandnephew of Abraham Lincoln.
- I am colorblind
- I am the youngest of five siblings
- I got my hand fractured twice while playing in childhood
- My mother has worked for the same company for 30 years
- I am a night owl
- I own a pet hamster named Murray.
- I brush my teeth twice a day
- I have 18 first cousins.
- I am a pampered child
- I can run a mile in under seven minutes.
- I used to live in a village as a child
- I’ve swum with sharks.
- I grew up on an island
- I love hunting and once shot a 710-pound elk.
- I am an Indian
- I run every day (even when it’s cold outside).
- I go for swimming 4 times a week
- I’ve climbed six mountains.
- I listen to music when I am sad
- I used to play goalie for my high school soccer team.
- I received many gifts on my recent birthday.
- I think tomatoes are disgusting
- My dad is a secret agent
- I have never tasted honey
- I always wanted to work in Intelligence or R&AW
- I hate cilantro
- I was the funniest person in class
- I try to avoid carbs
- I write poetry
- I love to deep-fry food
- I know how to play violin very well
- Peanut butter is my favorite food.
- I have never broken a bone
- I have done stand-up comedy at a big function
- I have won several art and painting contests
- I have acted in play
- My first job was at a restaurant
- My friend is legally deaf in one ear
- I am aware of making a campfire
- I never use public restrooms.
- I have never lied to my parents and went to a party
- I’m allergic to strawberries
- I have lost 30 kgs of weight last year
- I prefer cooking on my own rather than keeping a maid
- I am incredibly superstitious.
- I own a puppet
- I don’t find honey sweet enough to replace it with sugar
- I have visited 20 countries
- I have never lost in any contest that I participated
- I am a red colour lover
- My hobby includes climbing mountains
- I speak more than 3 languages
- I have an autograph from Eminem
- I love going on walks in the evening
- I barely answer calls from unknown numbers
- I use my phone two hours a day
- I am an absolute musical freak!
- I have never cheated in a relationship
- I once ate an entire medium pizza by myself
- I have all my OTT subscriptions and never borrow from a friend
- All my Goa trips have been successful till date
- I haven’t lived in the same city for more than four years
- I had a collection of cars in my childhood
- I collect rubber duckies
- I’ve been skydiving twice
- I hate chocolate
- My mother has a twin sister
- I’ve been arrested but never put in jail.
- I have always been inspired by writers
- I drink a pot of coffee every morning.
- I don’t watch bollywood films
- I’ve broken both wrists and both ankles
- I have never watched daily soaps with my mother
- Nothing makes me emotionally weak
- I’ve crashed six weddings but only been kicked out of two
- Black is my favourite colour
- I am afraid of snakes
- I have never seen a black and white movie in my life
- I love attending family functions and meeting my cousins
- I was once in a car crash where the car was totalled and I survived with no injuries
- Solo Trips are my go-to thing
Try this game once and you will never stop playing it. The game will reveal a lot of secrets and personal choices of people. It will also tell how much you know the other person. While you try your hands on this game, your capability to speak in a neutral manner will also be tested.
It is fun for the kids as well as elders but if you play the game with people of your age group and size, it will be more fun and mind-matching. A lot of friends would know about you and guess it easily while some new faces will have to think about the lie and truths.
You Can Also Check Out: