A good conversation is key to making a good impression. Vile a lot of us lack conversation skills, our first impression is not that good. Effective conversation skill is one of the most significant social abilities.
We are living in a technology-driven world where half of the things are possible on our mobile phones. We cannot ignore the fact that texting has become an integral part of our lives. And for the people who are shy to speak in person, now have a great opportunity to build their impression over text.
Starting conversation over text is also not very easy but it may lessen a little bit of nervousness. If you are texting a new person, then this method will surely help. Don’t forget to pick the question that perfectly fits your relationship.
Starting a conversation with someone doesn’t only mean texting a ‘hi’. You need to have a proper interesting conversation with them. A list of questions will surely result in a memorable conversation. These simple questions can surely be extended into a long Chit Chat. You can ask any type of question depending on the relationship of yours with that person.
Make sure your conversation is initially interesting and ask your questions clearly to avoid confusion. Keep it easy and build interest. You might not be sitting in front of them and asking these questions, but try to build that type of connectivity so high that they feel that they are talking with you in person.
It is also advisable that you don’t directly jump onto questions. There is a proper way to start a conversation. Don’t make the conversation heavier on the very first go. You have to go slow and build the momentum. Then, whenever you think it is the right time, only then throw your questions at the person. Don’t be in a hurry.
Conversation Starters For Texting
Here’s a list of questions to ask over text and have a memorable and happy conversation:
- What motivates you when you get up in the morning?
- What is the one thing that drives you crazy?
- According to you, what can make or break a relationship?
- What are the things on your bucket list?
- What is the one thing you can never leave your house without?
- If you had the time travel, which time would you visit?
- Who have you been friends with the longest and how did you meet them? Do you feel the bond is still the same?
- Are you working on anything exciting at the present moment?
- Which song do you play often?
- Which was the last funny video you saw and couldn’t stop laughing?
- Do you believe in Lucky Numbers? if yes, which one is your favourite?
- Of all the things that you have read recently, which one was the most interesting?
- What gets you going when you feel demotivated on some days?
- If you won million dollars, what will be the first thing you’ll buy?
- If you only had two months to live, what all things would you do?
- What is the one thing you think you are terrible at?
- Which memories come to your mind when you think of the most memorable moments of your life?
- Who in your family do you praise the most? Is there any character of yours that is similar to them?
- What is the one thing that you want people to remember about you forever?
- Is there anything that makes you nervous? How do you overcome it?
- Who is your role model?
- Which is your favorite social media?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What is your favourite cuisine? Which restaurant do you hit most often? Maybe, we can visit sometime.
- When anything new opens in the city, do you prefer going there and avail the services?
- Which is your favourite go-to emoji on keyboard?
- If you had enough money to travel one place in the world, which one would it be?
- What is the one thing that makes you feel special about yourself?
- Which is the worst date you have ever been to?
- How often do you go to hang-out with your friends in a week?
- How did you end up choosing this career? Are you satisfied with the type of work you are doing right now?
- Can you guess what I like about you the most?
- What is the most important trait of a successful relationship? What’s the one thing that makes you happy about a relationship?
- What were your best and worst subjects in school?
- What is the one thing that happened in your life and made you strong?
- If you had a chance to order one thing to eat right now, what would you order?
- What is the one thing that you notice in a boy when you see him first time?
- Which is one of the most valuable advices you have got from someone and then decided to stick to it for the rest of your life
- How often do you get scolded by your mom or dad for sticking to phone whole day?
- Is there anything that you loved in your childhood but don’t have interest in it anymore?
While texting makes a lot of things easier, we cannot ignore the fact that it has some cons too. If you are talking to a totally new person, they might get confused about your question. In the text, it becomes difficult to reflect your true emotions and feelings. So, it is advisable to not pick heavy topics of discussion over text. These questions are very flexible. You can throw these on girls or boys anyone.
There are other ways to start a conversation. If you fail to send them a text, you can send them memes, ask everything going around them, tell a joke or ask her about interests. When you ask them about anything, just don’t read their text, answer from your side too. Even the other person on the text wants to know about you, so keep the interaction open from both sides.
HERE ARE FEW TIPS TO MAKE THE CONVERSATION LAST LONGER WITH ENTHUSIASM:
- Give a clarification on the question you asked. Just don’t type the question but elaborate it a little so there is no confusion. Write a follow-up to clarify what you want to ask.
- Don’t try to control the conversation and let it go in the flow. Just because you have asked a question and thought of another one doesn’t mean that you stay rigid. Conversations can take turns and you should allow it easily.
- Figure out their interest and have relatable conversations. If you talk about things they like, it will make them more interested and they will find the conversation indulging. They may start the conversation from their side too.
- Be yourself and don’t lie. The main key is to be you and enjoy the conversation on text. Don’t brag a lot about yourself and it is not too much to ask for. Talk like you are talking to a close friend and be sensitive.
Conversations over text are a great way to grow your bond and these quick questions should suffice. You can cook up your own set of conversation starter questions. Romantic or not, these questions will work for every type of relationship. It will help you understand each other better.
These top-notch conversation starters will give you a memorable conversation and it will leave a good impression of yours. You can easily slip these questions into the text and have a great conversation. You can even use these questions on dating apps with strangers.
You Can Also Check Out: